Columbus Grove School District has created a bulletin to provide our community the latest updates regarding school operations during this mandatory school closure. Information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic changes daily, so we will provide updates on school related information on a regular basis.
05/22/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
Below is a list of resources and other pertinent information from previous Bulldog Bulletins as well as an archive of all previous bulletins. We have created this document in attempt for families to quickly reference information that they may have not seen before. As always, if you have any questions, please contact us via email or the numbers listed below.
COVID-19 Information/Supporting Your Family
* Go to coronavirus.ohio.gov for further information regarding COVID-19 updates and preventative measures.
* Know! Teachable Moments for Parents - Please check out this link for tips in how to reassure and support your child during the COVID-19 crisis.
* Guidance Department Bulletin - Please check out the link for the March Guidance Department Bulletin. This provides information on access to many materials and Mrs. Losh can still send out transcripts, applications, letters of recommendations, schedules, scholarship information, etc. Go to Guidance Update March - Community Bulletin for more information.
* Guidance Department Update - Look here for some tips for staying healthy and resources for mental well-being.
* Message for Families of Preschool Children Attending County Unit @ CG - Early Discovery Preschool families can access activities to do with their preschooler on our website: https://www.putnamcountyesc.org/Content2/early-discovery-preschools
* Accelerated Reader Opened to Homes - Accelerated Reader has been opened so students can take tests from home. This will allow our students to work on their AR goals from home and we will trust that they are taking these tests on their own.
* Bluffton University Education Department Offering Free Academic Support to Students - Bluffton Study Buddies, Bluffton University education majors including student teachers, will provide academic help and educational games/activities through the Zoom videoconferencing platform starting Wednesday, March 18. Educational enrichment sessions will be held from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday through at least April 3, 2020. Students will be matched with a Bluffton University student teacher or education major based on subject need—history, language arts, math, etc.
Bluffton University Educator Preparation professors and students look forward to assisting and supporting K-12 students in unique ways during these challenging times. We see the Bluffton Study Buddies service as a way to say ‘thank you’ to area schools that have opened their doors to us over the years for field experiences and student teaching.
* Attention Students Taking Advanced Placement (AP) Courses - Accommodations have been made to assist students taking AP exams this spring.
Traditional face-to-face exam administrations will not take place. Students will take a 45-minute online free-response exam at home.
Some students may want to take the exam sooner rather than later, while the content is still fresh. Other students may want more time to practice. For each AP subject, there will be two different testing dates.
* Student Computer Access - If your does not have a Chromebook because you do not have Internet access but you are getting access now, please contact the Technology Coordinator Mike Keehn at 659-5090.
* Free Internet/Data Offers-
Spectrum - 60 days of free Wi-Fi & installation. Call 844-488-8395 to schedule installation
Sprint/T-Mobile - Unlimited data for 60 days
Verizon - Support for customers without unlimited data
* OHSAA Press Conference - At a press conference on Thursday, March 19, OHSAA Executive Director Jerry Snodgrass stated there would be NO changes to the current status of 7-12 sports (all winter tournaments and spring sports suspended) until there is further word on extended closings from Governor DeWine.
* Third Quarter Grade Cards - Grades 1-12 grade cards are available on Progress Book. Kindergarten grade cards have been mailed home.
* Third Quarter Honor Rolls Released - Congratulations to the students who made the third quarter Honor Roll! 5th/6th Grade - 7th-12th Grade
Previous Bulldog Bulletin Archive
05/15/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
05/08/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
05/01/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
04/24/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
04/17/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
04/10/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
04/03/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/27/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/26/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/25/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/24/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/23/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/22/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/20/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/19/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/18/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/17/2020 Bulldog Bulletin
03/16/2020 Bulldog Bulletin