Obtaining a Work Permit
To avoid delays in the work permit process during the summer months, please follow these steps…
1. Print out a pre application form that can be found here.
- The top portion needs to be filled out and signed by a parent.
- If a physical is not on file at the school within the year, please print the physicians form found here and have your family physician fill it out.
- Have the employer fill out the “Pledge of Employer” portion.
2. Contact the school to arrange a time to process the form. Please email Kristal Pingle at email@example.com.
3. Bring the completed form to Kristal (during the arranged time) to have the info entered into the Ohio.gov website. Both the student and the secretary will have to sign the completed form to be taken back to the employer.
2023 Summer Lunch Program
Lima City Schools will once again be offering free lunches this summer from June 5 through August 3 for any child aged 1-18. They will be available through multiple sites in Lima from 11am-12:30pm Mondays through Thursdays. Please see the link at https://bit.ly/2023SummerLunch for more information about where the lunches are available.
Back-to-School Immunization Clinic
Columbus Grove Schools and the Putnam County Health Department will be hosting a back-to-school immunization clinic for all KG, 7th, and 12th Grade students on August 9 from 2pm-4pm in the student health clinic.
Call PCHD for appointments at (419) 523-5608.
Substitute Bus Drivers Wanted
Columbus Grove Local School is accepting applications for substitute bus drivers. This position has the potential of becoming a full-time bus driver in the future, if the applicant is interested. Substitute bus drivers are contacted to drive extracurricular and field trips and occasionally drive a regular morning or afternoon route. Certification requires the completion of attending a pre-service class, a written and driving test, CDL license, a medical physical exam, drug test, BMV check of driving record, and a background check. Cost for training will be reimbursed by the district for any individuals who serve as a substitute bus driver for Columbus Grove Local Schools. If you are interested in becoming a bus driver for Columbus Grove School, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 659-2639 for further information.